Bodegas Norton - Mendoza, Torrontes
Ref : 382646
Bottle 75 cL
i.e. 6 € / liter
- Keeping level Ready to drink
- Service temperature 12.5°
Our food and wine pairings
- White meat
- Fish in sauce
- Soft cheese
Our oenologists' opinion
Fruity and crisp
Its light color with green hues offers fresh aromas of lime. The palate is characterized, big, fresh and crisp with a fresh lingering finish.
Body ? The body is the way a wine feels inside the mouth. Several factors, such as the alcohol content and the presence of tannins, contribute to the feel of the wine.
Freshness ? The freshness of a wine is defined by its level of acidity. Unlike rounded wines, fresh wines are easy to drink, and are more lively. Acidity plays a necessary part in a wine's structure.
Aging ? All wines do not have the same aging potential. Some are supposed to be consumed at a young age while others must be kept for longer periods of time.
Do you know ?
Indigenous Argentinean grape variety, the torrontès was born from the crossing of two varietals: the uva negra and the Muscat of Alexandria. Mostly produced in three wine regions, it offers fresh and floral aromas.
Domain and appellation
Established in 1865 by Edmund James Palmer Norton, the Bodega Norton remains today one of the leading Argentinian winemaking companies. Its winemaker -Jorge Riccitelli- was elected “Winemaker of the Year” by the Wine Enthusiast in 2012.
- Terroir: Spread across 680 hectares, the vineyard is located at an altitude of 1100 meters.
- Viticulture: The vines belong to 5 distinct vineyards that are divided in different plots. The viticultural work is done plot-by-plot with a drip irrigation system. The vines are for some cases over 80 years old.
- Vinification: This wine is made of the Torrontès grape variety.
- Torrontés : 100%