Share this product


Wine Bordeaux
Saint-Emilion AOC Grand cru Red - Bottle 75 cL - 14°

Ref : 494558

47, 90

i.e. 63.87 € / liter

Delivery in 24/72h

Select a store to access the availability of this product in the store of your choice

Our oenologists' opinion

Powerful bouquet

Dark garnet colour with brick tints. The nose is open, powerful, complex, with notes of fur, caramelised wood, cocoa and red fruit gratin, and a hint of black pepper. Supple attack, satin-like, with ripe, velvety tannins. Character with undergrowth, candied pepper and spices, well structured, with a touch of finesse. The finish is satiny, balanced, powerful, persistent, with red fruit gratin and spices. A lovely wine!


  • Keeping level 2024
  • Service temperature 18°
  • Grapes Merlot
    Cabernet Franc

Our food and wine pairings

  • Red meats
  • Game
  • Strong cheese


Body ? The body is the way a wine feels inside the mouth. Several factors, such as the alcohol content and the presence of tannins, contribute to the feel of the wine.

Freshness ? The freshness of a wine is defined by its level of acidity. Unlike rounded wines, fresh wines are easy to drink, and are more lively. Acidity plays a necessary part in a wine's structure.

Aging ? All wines do not have the same aging potential. Some are supposed to be consumed at a young age while others must be kept for longer periods of time.

Tannins ? Coming from stems, grape pips and their storage barrels, the tannin gives structure to red wines only.

Do you know ?

Saint-Émilion is the first wine-growing area to be listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Domain and appellation


    Château Montlabert is a beautiful 18th century stone mansion surrounded by parkland with century-old trees. This Saint-Emilion Grand Cru is located on the road to Libourne, in the immediate vicinity of the Figeac plateau and the place called "Grâce Dieu". The Castel family acquired this estate in 2008.

        Terroir: The vineyard of Château Montlabert covers 13 hectares in a single block, on deep, sandy-gravelly ancient sands, with clay subsoils. The vineyard is composed of 6,200 vines per hectare. The vines are on average 25 years old, 80% of them producing Merlot, the remaining 20% producing Cabernet Franc.

        Viticulture: The vineyard has been worked for several years with respect for the environment, and the vines are cultivated according to sustainable agriculture practices in order to obtain high quality grapes for vinification. The harvest is carried out plot by plot.

        Vinification: 20% of the Merlot and 10% of the Cabernet Sauvignon harvested goes through the bleeding stage. This stage is a very short maceration of the juice with the skin of the grapes, in order to obtain a beautiful colour. Fermentation and maceration are carried out with temperature control in concrete or stainless steel vats. The wine is aged for about 14 months in French oak barrels, half of which are new, the other half having been previously aged.

  • Grapes Merlot, Cabernet Franc
  • Grapes
    • Merlot : 77.0%
    • Cabernet Franc : 23.0%

Customer feedback (1 feedback)

  1. Marie

    C’etait un cadeau, la personne était satisfaite.


Your cellarman's advice