Moulin de Gassac "Le Masoulier" 2014
Ref : 470936
Bottle 75 cL
i.e. 7.50 € / liter
6 product(s) soldsince yesterday
- Keeping level Peut être conservé
- Service temperature 15°
Our food and wine pairings
- White meat
- Soft cheese
Our oenologists' opinion
Fruity and well-rounded
Its garnet color introduces a fresh nose of red fruits with a hint of caramel. The palate is balanced, big, bold, and characterized by spices with firm tannins.
Body ? The body is the way a wine feels inside the mouth. Several factors, such as the alcohol content and the presence of tannins, contribute to the feel of the wine.
Freshness ? The freshness of a wine is defined by its level of acidity. Unlike rounded wines, fresh wines are easy to drink, and are more lively. Acidity plays a necessary part in a wine's structure.
Aging ? All wines do not have the same aging potential. Some are supposed to be consumed at a young age while others must be kept for longer periods of time.
Tannins ? Coming from stems, grape pips and their storage barrels, the tannin gives structure to red wines only.
Do you know ?
The Gassac Valley is characterized by a cold microclimate that is conducive to the vines’ development.
Domain and appellation
Moulin de Gassac
Created by the Guibert Family in the 70’s, this Gassac Valley’s domain emerged under the direction of some of the most prominent specialists such as Henry Enhalbert or Emile Peynaud.
- Terroir: The Mas de Daumas Gassac vines lay on red glacial deposits. Deep, well-drained, poor in hummus and rich in mineral elements, this soil has many assets.
- Viticulture: The implementation of organic viticultural practices and a deep respect of the surrounding vines’ ecosystem both contribute to the production of highly qualitative wines.
- Vinification: A 20 days maceration in stainless thermo-regulated tanks is followed by a 12 to 15 months maturing phase in oak barrels aged from 1 to 7 years.
Grapes Cinsault, Carignan Rouge, Grenache Noir, Syrah, Alicante-henri-bouschet, Aramon
- Cinsault : 10%
- Carignan Rouge : 20%
- Grenache Noir : 29%
- Syrah : 31%
- Alicante-henri-bouschet : 5%
- Aramon : 5%
Your cellarman's advice
Port Porto19, € 80Bottle 75 cLDiscover