Château Montlabert 2013
Ref : 469141
Bottle 75 cL
i.e. 36 € / liter
4 product(s) soldsince yesterday
- Keeping level 2021
- Service temperature 18°
Our food and wine pairings
- Red meats
- Strong cheese
Our oenologists' opinion
Body ? The body is the way a wine feels inside the mouth. Several factors, such as the alcohol content and the presence of tannins, contribute to the feel of the wine.
Freshness ? The freshness of a wine is defined by its level of acidity. Unlike rounded wines, fresh wines are easy to drink, and are more lively. Acidity plays a necessary part in a wine's structure.
Aging ? All wines do not have the same aging potential. Some are supposed to be consumed at a young age while others must be kept for longer periods of time.
Tannins ? Coming from stems, grape pips and their storage barrels, the tannin gives structure to red wines only.
Do you know ?
Saint-Émilion is the first winemaking area to be named as one of UNESCO’s World Heritage sites.
Domain and appellation
A beautiful 18th-century Maison de maître, Château Montlabert is surrounded by a park with hundred-year-old trees. This Saint-Émilion Grand Cru is located on the Libourne road, in the immediate vicinity of the Figeac plateau and the locality "Grace Dieu". The property has been acquired by the Castel family in 2008.
- Terroir: The vineyard of Château Montlabert extends over 12.5 ha, in one piece, on ancient sands, deep and sandy-gravelly, with clay subsoils. The vineyard is composed of 5,600 vines per hectare. The average age of the vines is 25 years, whose 80% produce Merlot and the other 20% Cabernet Franc.
- Viticulture: The work of the vineyard is carried out for several years in respect of the environment, management of the vineyard according to the practices of reasoned agriculture to have high quality grapes to be vinified. Harvests are done plot by plot.
- Wine-making: 20% of the merlot and 10% of the cabernet sauvignon collected are subjected to the step of the “saignée”. This step consists in a short maceration of juices with the grapes’ skins to obtain a beautiful color. Fermentation and maceration are carried out with controlled temperature in concrete or stainless steel tanks. The wine ages for 14 months in French oak barrels, whose half is new, the other half having already served to elaborate one wine.
Grapes Merlot, Cabernet Franc
- Merlot : 80%
- Cabernet Franc : 20%