CROZES HERMITAGE HÉRITIERS GAMBERT 2020
Ref : 491803
i.e. 21.2 € / liter
Select a store to access the availability of this product in the store of your choice
Our oenologists' opinion
Fruity and well-rounded
Garnet colour with purple tints. Typical frank nose, with fresh blackcurrant, spices and notes of violet. Supple attack of the envelope. Good balance. Frank length, nice character on blackcurrant and aromatic aromas, supple tannins. Frank and persistent finish.
- Keeping level 2025
- Service temperature 16°
Our food and wine pairings
- Red meats
- Strong cheese
Body ? The body is the way a wine feels inside the mouth. Several factors, such as the alcohol content and the presence of tannins, contribute to the feel of the wine.
Freshness ? The freshness of a wine is defined by its level of acidity. Unlike rounded wines, fresh wines are easy to drink, and are more lively. Acidity plays a necessary part in a wine's structure.
Aging ? All wines do not have the same aging potential. Some are supposed to be consumed at a young age while others must be kept for longer periods of time.
Tannins ? Coming from stems, grape pips and their storage barrels, the tannin gives structure to red wines only.
Domain and appellation
Cave de Tain
Founded in 1933 by Louis Gambert de Loche, the Cave de Tain benefits from the expertise of nearly 300 winegrowers spread over approximately 1000 hectares of vines to produce Hermitage, Crozes-Hermitage, Saint-Joseph, Cornas and Saint-Péray appellations as well as vins de pays. Terroir : Granite in the north, fluvio-glacial alluvium and terraces of rolled pebbles from the Rhône. Some loess veneers. Vinification: Careful selection of the grapes according to their origin and maturity, the entire harvest is destemmed.
Traditional fermentation in stainless steel or thermo-regulated concrete tanks. Vatting time of 20 to 25 days with gentle extraction methods. Fermentation and maceration temperatures are maintained at around 28°C. Malolactic fermentation in vats before ageing. Ageing: 60% in vats for 9 to 12 months to preserve the freshness of the fruit; the remaining 40% in 400L oak barrels of different ages to refine the structure, volume and length of the wine.
- Syrah : 100.0%
Your cellarman's advice
Rhône Crozes Hermitage 202015, € 10 15.10
i.e. 20.13 € / literBottle 75 cLDelivery in 24/72h
Burgundy Chablis 202116, € 80 16.80
i.e. 22.4 € / literBottle 75 cLDelivery in 24/72h
Bordeaux 1ères Ctes Bordeaux/Ctes Bordx 201812, € 70 12.70
i.e. 16.93 € / literBottle 75 cLDelivery in 24/72h
Burgundy Bourgogne Hautes Côtes Beaune 201913, € 10 13.10
i.e. 17.47 € / literBottle 75 cLDelivery in 24/72h