Le Canon Du Maréchal 2014
Ref : 472104
Bottle 75 cL
i.e. 12.70 € / liter
2 product(s) sold since yesterday
- Keeping level Ready to drink
- Service temperature 8°
Muscat of Alexandria
Our food and wine pairings
- Grilled Fish
- Fish in sauce
Our oenologists' opinion
Fruity and well-rounded
Its pale color with green highlights offers a fresh and exuberant nose of musk and violet notes. On the palate, this wine is balanced, frank, distinctive and nervous with a finish on soft tannins.
Body ? The body is the way a wine feels inside the mouth. Several factors, such as the alcohol content and the presence of tannins, contribute to the feel of the wine.
Freshness ? The freshness of a wine is defined by its level of acidity. Unlike rounded wines, fresh wines are easy to drink, and are more lively. Acidity plays a necessary part in a wine's structure.
Aging ? All wines do not have the same aging potential. Some are supposed to be consumed at a young age while others must be kept for longer periods of time.
Do you know ?
Biodynamic viticulture is based on the research of the balance of the vines with his immediate and more distant environment. This method appeared in 1924, under the influence of Rudolf Steiner, an Austrian philosopher and agronomist.
Domain and appellation
Founded in 1895 by Michel Cazes, the Maison CAZES has established itself quickly as the historical landmark of viticulture in Roussillon. For over 50 years it has become the mark of the Great Wines of Roussillon offering a wide range of wines from the Catalan lands.
- Terroir: Located in Rivesaltes, in the heart of Roussillon, this area of 220 hectares is based on clay and limestone soils, interspersed with siliceous schist debris and pebbles.
- Viticulture: The grapes are mechanical and take place at night. The field practices biody-namic viticulture.
- Vinification: A maceration of 24 hours at low temperature precedes a direct pressing, rack-ing and fermentation at 16°C. The wine is then bottled within 6 months following the harvest.
Grapes Muscat, Viognier, Muscat of Alexandria
- Muscat : 40%
- Viognier : 20%
- Muscat of Alexandria : 40%