Château Montlabert 2017

Share this product

Château Montlabert 2017

Bordeaux
Saint-Emilion Grand cru Red | 13.5°

Ref : 485715

39.90 39, 90

Bottle 75 cL

i.e. 53.20 € / liter

1  product(s) soldsince yesterday

Check the availability in store
  • Keeping level 2024
  • Service temperature 18°
  • Grapes Merlot
    Cabernet Franc

Our food and wine pairings

  • Game
  • Red meats
  • Strong cheese

Our oenologists' opinion

Powerful bouquet

Its dark brick color offers an open nose of blackcurrant, liquorice, then an animalistic touch. On the palate, this wine presents a good balance, vinous, with a frank and animal character. Finish on fairly soft and mellted tannins.

Robe
Brick Red

Features

Body ? The body is the way a wine feels inside the mouth. Several factors, such as the alcohol content and the presence of tannins, contribute to the feel of the wine.

Freshness ? The freshness of a wine is defined by its level of acidity. Unlike rounded wines, fresh wines are easy to drink, and are more lively. Acidity plays a necessary part in a wine's structure.

Aging ? All wines do not have the same aging potential. Some are supposed to be consumed at a young age while others must be kept for longer periods of time.

Tannins ? Coming from stems, grape pips and their storage barrels, the tannin gives structure to red wines only.

Do you know ?

Saint-Émilion is the first winemaking area to be named as one of UNESCO’s World Heritage sites.

Domain and appellation

  • Château Montlabert

    A beautiful 18th-century Maison de maître, Château Montlabert is surrounded by a park with hundred-year-old trees. This Saint-Émilion Grand Cru is located on the Libourne road, in close proxinity to the Figeac plateau and the area "Grace Dieu". The property was acquired by the Castel family in 2008.
     

    • Terroir: The vineyard of Château Montlabert extends over 12.5 ha, in one piece of land, on ancient sands, deep and gravelly, with clay subsoils. The vineyard is composed of 5,600 vines per hectare. The average age of the vines is 25 years, 80% of which produce Merlot and the other 20% Cabernet Franc.

     

    • Viticulture: The work of the vineyard is carried out for several years with respect to the environment and management of the vineyard according to the practices of reasoned agriculture in order to have high quality grapes to be vinified. Harvests are done plot by plot.

     

    • Wine-making: 20% of the merlot and 10% of the cabernet sauvignon collected are subjected to the step of the “saignée”. This step consists of a short maceration of juices with the grape skins to obtain a beautiful color. Fermentation and maceration are carried out under a controlled temperature in concrete or stainless steel tanks. The wine ages for 14 months in French oak barrels, half of which are new, the other half having already served to welcome a wine.

     

  • Main grape
    Merlot

  • Grapes Merlot, Cabernet Franc
  • Grapes
    • Merlot : 75%
    • Cabernet Franc : 25%

Your cellarman's advice

Further information